Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tootsie's Sour Dots

I'm not a big fan of the original Dots. I don't know if gum drops by design have to be so firm, but I don't like them. However, I do like sour candy and when I first saw this at the Dollar Tree before going to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, I had to at least try it.


Yes, like regular Dots, these gum drops are still really firm. My original problem is that I've been led to believe that have gum in their name as a candy makes them soft, so when I had my first Dot, it was a surprise.

Even more, the gum drops don't supply much flavor, but that's another thing that may be because that's how gum drops are by design.

But the powdery sugar is what really brings me in. Sour Dots has just the right balance of sourness so that I know I am indeed, eating a sour candy, but not so much that my taste buds burn off. It also serves to differentiate the flavors more than if they were normal Dots.

Just don't expect to eat them in one sitting. They're so firm, jaws not used to such a chore can easily tire out.





All in all, give them ago if you love sour candies. Be careful if you're only a fair weather fan of the mouth puckering sort. It's definitely hard to recommend unless you're a big fan of candies like Zours, Warheads, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment